Calderdale Council Coronavirus Update:
As of Thursday 5th November the whole of England will be entering new restrictions. Once the new national restrictions have been approved by parliament, they are projected to last until the 2nd December. They include:
- Requiring people to stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Preventing gathering with people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- Closing certain businesses and venues.
- Preventing non-essential travel including holidays.
For more information, please see: GOV.UK - New National Restrictions from 5 November.
As we head into the additional restrictions this week, we must continue to follow three simple steps to reduce the COVID-19 infection rate in Calderdale:
- Limit contact with other people, so we're seeing as few other people as possible. Don’t mix with anyone outside of your household (or bubble) and keep 2-meters distance at all times.
- When we do need to go indoors where there are other people, for instance for food shopping, wear a face-covering. We should also wear a face-covering in indoor places, where we will come into contact with people who are not from our household or bubble. For further information on face-coverings, please visit https://bit.ly/3ei7cDg
- Isolate at home if we have symptoms or if we're notified by the NHS. If you have symptoms, you must book a test and stay at home until you get your results. Once you receive your result you should then carefully follow the advice given to you by the NHS.
Calderdale Council estimate that 1 in 40 people have COVID-19 in Calderdale right now, and the infection rate in people over the age of 65 is rising fast.
We know that this continues to be an unsettling time for many. Calderdale prides itself on being a kind and resilient place. Our communities continually care for each other in the toughest of times. Let’s work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 so that we can get back to safely doing the things we love, with the people we love.
Please follow reliable sources for advice and guidance:
Added: Tuesday, 3 November 2020